Dual Fuel - Petrol / LPG Generators
Having a generator that can run off LPG (propane gas) results in many benefits.
- It can be plugged directly into gas hookup on a caravan or mobile catering van
- Further reduced engine noise in certain circumstances.
- Improved combustion, as LPG reaches the engine in gas form, rather than liquid.
- Enhanced starting, even from cold, with a smoother ignition.
- The engine oil does not become diluted which results in lower servicing costs. NB. Regular servicing is still recommended.
- Lower cost, especially for users who already use LPG elsewhere.
- No need to have to store or bring a supply of petrol with you if you do already have a supply of LPG.
As an average LPG generators use about 0.4kg of gas per kilo watt per hour.